commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simone.trip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [pool] CursorableLinkedList - why does it use a mix of <T>, Object and <E> ?
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 10:36:41 GMT
Hi guys,
and sorry I'm late but there's always the timezone/working time delay :P

The mix with T/E is explained because CursorableLinkedList implements
List, where there are 2 different signatures of toArray() method, the
one that uses Object[] and the other one that interests us[1]. That's
why I didn't use T directly.

The mix with T/Object is my fault, it will be fixed ASAP.
Agreed that since the interface declares List<E>, we should use E as
well, it will be fixed ASAP too.

Thanks a lot for reviewing it,
Simo

[1] http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/List.html#toArray(T[])