commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] Softening the exceptions...
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2010 23:44:51 GMT

On Oct 25, 2010, at 9:01 AM, James Carman wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 11:49 AM, Ralph Goers
> <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>> I'm not in favor of changing much at this point. I'd really like to get a release
done without too many more changes.

> There's a problem with that, Ralph.  If we publish a 2.0, we can't
> "break" the API later.  So, we'd have to go to 3.0 if we wanted to
> break anything.  So, we need to figure out if this is the way we want
> to go and do it.

This code has been sitting here for a year. Commons Configuration would like to do a release
but cannot until VFS is released. I'd like to work on the VFS release during the hackathon
next week. If you believe you can change how VFS does exception handling and then make the
necessary changes (if any) to Commons Configuration so that we can work on a release next
week then go for it.

Will you be at ApacheCon?

Ralph