commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [dbcp] 2.0 prep
Date Sun, 17 Oct 2010 04:29:21 GMT
On 10/16/10 11:02 PM, Paul Benedict wrote:
> If you are changing the groupId, there's no point in changing the artifactId.

See related discussion on [pool].  While we can avoid changing the
artifactId for 2.0 since the groupId change creates the necessary
separation of artifacts, we will need to do it subsequently.  I
agree with James and others that it is best to maintain the simple
convention that at least for low-level components, we tie the
artifactId to the major release series.

Phil