commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject [dbcp] 2.0 prep
Date Sun, 17 Oct 2010 02:38:39 GMT
I just created a dbcp 1.4 legacy branch, so we can now start work
toward dbcp 2.0 in trunk.  Pool is already off to the races.  As we
have discussed, I would like to start exploring bringing in the
Tomcat jdbc-pool code, split somehow between [pool] and [dbcp].

To get [dbcp] moving, I would like to make the following pom changes
in trunk:

0) change the groupId to org.apache.commons
1) change the artifactId to commons-dbcp2
2) change the pool dependency version to 2.0-SNAPSHOT

Both 1) and 2) may be controversial, so I want to allow people to
weigh in before making these changes.  I know we like to avoid
snapshot dependencies, but I don't see any other way to keep the API
changes in synch.  Any better ideas?

Thanks!

Phil