commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [pool] time to move groupId?
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2010 14:21:17 GMT
On 10/16/10 10:03 AM, James Carman wrote:
> We have come up with a game plan that allows multiple versions of our
> libraries to be on the classpath at the same time (changing artifact and
> package name).  Lang is doing things according to that plan and we hope
> others will follow suit.  We had this discussion long ago and we don't need
> to rehash it now.

I don't understand exactly what changing the artifactId accomplishes
beyond what changing the package name does.  Can someone explain?
IIUC what Dennis is saying, just bumping the version will allow
multiple versions to be on the classpath at the same time and
changing the package name will avoid conflicts.  What more are we
looking to accomplish by changing the artifactId?

Phil