commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [pool] Start work on 2.0?
Date Sat, 09 Oct 2010 13:26:44 GMT
On 10/8/10 12:24 PM, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> Hi Phil,
> I do have some spare time and I'd like working on POOL-83 if someone
> else hasn't already started, I checked out the code and did some
> experiments, if everybody agree I could start committing, just let me
> know.

First, please do jump in! And don't hesitate to ask questions about
the codebase.  [pool] needs nothing more than more volunteers and
talking about the code is a great way to get more people involved
with it.  Thanks in advance!

I just created a legacy 1.x branch, so we can start 2.0 work in
trunk.  Unless you or others have objections, we seem to be
converging on consensus to go the "extract from jdbc-pool" route for
2.0 implementation, so I suggest having a look at that code before
putting a lot of work into implementation (other than to just get
things to compile). POOL-83 is really about interfaces, so I see no
problem experimenting with generification based on the current impl
in trunk.  Also, obviously have a look at the patch attached to
POOL-83.

Thanks!

Phil