commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Gary Gregory <GGreg...@seagullsoftware.com>
Subject RE: [VFS] Build problem
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 03:18:10 GMT
Hey James,

I have:

>svn up
At revision 1024093.

But I ran "mvn site"

When I run "mvn install" the build is successful.

Can you test "mvn site" on your set up please?

Gary Gregory
Senior Software Engineer
Rocket Software
3340 Peachtree Road, Suite 820 . Atlanta, GA 30326 . USA
Tel: +1.404.760.1560
Email: ggregory@seagullsoftware.com
Web: seagull.rocketsoftware.com  


> -----Original Message-----
> From: jcarman@carmanconsulting.com [mailto:jcarman@carmanconsulting.com] On
> Behalf Of James Carman
> Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 20:07
> To: Commons Developers List
> Subject: Re: [VFS] Build problem
> 
> I just did an "svn update" on trunk and ran "mvn install" and it
> worked fine for me.
> 
> On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 10:39 PM, Gary Gregory
> <GGregory@seagullsoftware.com> wrote:
> > When I run a maven build, I get:
> >
> > [INFO] Compiling 14 source files to
> C:\Users\ggregory\b\svn\apache.org\commons\vfs\trunk\sandbox\target\classes
> > [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
> > [ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
> > [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
> > [ERROR]
> \Users\ggregory\b\svn\apache.org\commons\vfs\trunk\sandbox\src\main\java\org\a
> pache\commons\vfs\provider\smb\SmbFileNameParser.java:[52,30] cannot find
> symbol
> > symbol  : method getUserName()
> > location: class org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.HostFileNameParser.Authority
> >
> > [ERROR]
> \Users\ggregory\b\svn\apache.org\commons\vfs\trunk\sandbox\src\main\java\org\a
> pache\commons\vfs\provider\smb\SmbFileNameParser.java:[76,16] cannot find
> symbol
> > symbol  : method getScheme()
> > location: class org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.HostFileNameParser.Authority
> >
> > [ERROR]
> \Users\ggregory\b\svn\apache.org\commons\vfs\trunk\sandbox\src\main\java\org\a
> pache\commons\vfs\provider\smb\SmbFileNameParser.java:[77,16] cannot find
> symbol
> > symbol  : method getHostName()
> > location: class org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.HostFileNameParser.Authority
> >
> > [ERROR]
> \Users\ggregory\b\svn\apache.org\commons\vfs\trunk\sandbox\src\main\java\org\a
> pache\commons\vfs\provider\smb\SmbFileNameParser.java:[78,16] cannot find
> symbol
> > symbol  : method getPort()
> > location: class org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.HostFileNameParser.Authority
> >
> > [ERROR]
> \Users\ggregory\b\svn\apache.org\commons\vfs\trunk\sandbox\src\main\java\org\a
> pache\commons\vfs\provider\smb\SmbFileNameParser.java:[80,16] cannot find
> symbol
> > symbol  : method getPassword()
> > location: class org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.HostFileNameParser.Authority
> >
> > [ERROR]
> \Users\ggregory\b\svn\apache.org\commons\vfs\trunk\sandbox\src\main\java\org\a
> pache\commons\vfs\provider\smb\SmbFileNameParser.java:[75,15] internal error;
> cannot inst
> > antiate
> SmbFileName(java.lang.String,java.lang.String,int,java.lang.String,java.lang.S
> tring,java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.String,org.apache.commons.vf
> s.FileType)
> >  at org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.smb.SmbFileName to ()
> >
> > [INFO] 6 errors
> > [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
> > [INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---
> > [ERROR] BUILD FAILURE
> > [INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---
> > [INFO] Compilation failure
> >
> >
> \Users\ggregory\b\svn\apache.org\commons\vfs\trunk\sandbox\src\main\java\org\a
> pache\commons\vfs\provider\smb\SmbFileNameParser.java:[52,30] cannot find
> symbol
> > symbol  : method getUserName()
> > location: class org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.HostFileNameParser.Authority
> >
> >
> \Users\ggregory\b\svn\apache.org\commons\vfs\trunk\sandbox\src\main\java\org\a
> pache\commons\vfs\provider\smb\SmbFileNameParser.java:[76,16] cannot find
> symbol
> > symbol  : method getScheme()
> > location: class org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.HostFileNameParser.Authority
> >
> >
> \Users\ggregory\b\svn\apache.org\commons\vfs\trunk\sandbox\src\main\java\org\a
> pache\commons\vfs\provider\smb\SmbFileNameParser.java:[77,16] cannot find
> symbol
> > symbol  : method getHostName()
> > location: class org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.HostFileNameParser.Authority
> >
> >
> \Users\ggregory\b\svn\apache.org\commons\vfs\trunk\sandbox\src\main\java\org\a
> pache\commons\vfs\provider\smb\SmbFileNameParser.java:[78,16] cannot find
> symbol
> > symbol  : method getPort()
> > location: class org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.HostFileNameParser.Authority
> >
> >
> \Users\ggregory\b\svn\apache.org\commons\vfs\trunk\sandbox\src\main\java\org\a
> pache\commons\vfs\provider\smb\SmbFileNameParser.java:[80,16] cannot find
> symbol
> > symbol  : method getPassword()
> > location: class org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.HostFileNameParser.Authority
> >
> >
> \Users\ggregory\b\svn\apache.org\commons\vfs\trunk\sandbox\src\main\java\org\a
> pache\commons\vfs\provider\smb\SmbFileNameParser.java:[75,15] internal error;
> cannot instantiate
> >
> SmbFileName(java.lang.String,java.lang.String,int,java.lang.String,java.lang.S
> tring,java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.String,org.apache.commons.vf
> s.FileType) at org.
> > apache.commons.vfs.provider.smb.SmbFileName to ()
> >
> >
> > [INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---
> > [INFO] For more information, run Maven with the -e switch
> > [INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---
> > [INFO] Total time: 1 minute 35 seconds
> > [INFO] Finished at: Mon Oct 18 19:35:53 PDT 2010
> > [INFO] Final Memory: 114M/263M
> > [INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---
> >
> > I am on Maven 2.2.1 on Java 1.6.0_21 64 bit on Windows Vista Business N 64
> bit.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Gary Gregory
> > Senior Software Engineer
> > Rocket Software
> > 3340 Peachtree Road, Suite 820 . Atlanta, GA 30326 . USA
> > Tel: +1.404.760.1560
> > Email: ggregory@seagullsoftware.com
> > Web: seagull.rocketsoftware.com
> >
> >
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org


Mime
View raw message