commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Digester] next release roadmap
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2010 14:46:15 GMT
On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Simone Tripodi
<simone.tripodi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all guys,
> first of all thanks everybody mentored me during the path of the 2.1
> release, especially Rahul and Sebastian, always ready to provide a
> valid help, I appreciate it very much :)
>
> I'd like to discuss with you what I'd like to do in the next future:
>
>  * fix the site issues: we have broken links that have to be fixed;
<snip/>

Idea was to setup svn:externals on src/site/xdoc along these lines:

  commons-digester-2.1
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/digester/tags/DIGESTER_2_1/src/site/xdoc/

Would've been better if there was a "guide" directory so we don't pull
in non-guide xdoc. For old releases, we have previously only
maintained these three items rather than entire sites: Guide, Javadoc,
Release Notes.

>  * auto-loading the annotations digester loader by scanning the
> classpath, filtering classes with a sofisticate filtering method I
> already proposed (with no success) time ago for [Lang]
<snap/>

Could be seen as more of an applicable concern (rather than a library
one). You're right that it probably should be contributed elsewhere.

>  * JSON support: I already did an experiment[1] that allows using the
> Digester to parse JSON structures and map to beans (and it's faster
> than Google-Gson :P)

<snip/>

[digester] started off as XML -> Java so this seems like scope creep.
But its upto the current [digester] developers (you and others who may
be interested in this).

-Rahul