commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1003048 [1/2] - in /commons/proper/math/trunk/src: main/java/org/apache/commons/math/distribution/ main/java/org/apache/commons/math/exception/ main/java/org/apache/commons/math/exception/util/ main/java/org/apache/commons/math/stat/
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 16:01:17 GMT
On 30 September 2010 13:55,  <erans@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: erans
> Date: Thu Sep 30 12:55:02 2010
> New Revision: 1003048

> Log:
> ade all distribution classes immutable (as per the conclusion of MATH-349).

There are still a few private immutable fields which have yet to be
made final - see example below

I can fix those, or do you want me to create a JIRA and patch for them?

> Modified: commons/proper/math/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/math/distribution/AbstractContinuousDistribution.java

>     /**
>      * Solver absolute accuracy for inverse cum computation
>      * @since 2.1
>      */
>     private double solverAbsoluteAccuracy = BrentSolver.DEFAULT_ABSOLUTE_ACCURACY;

The above field is not mutated, but is not final. It could/should be final.

Also, there are still (deprecated) setters in
(Binomial|HyperGeometric|Pascal|Zipf)Distribution* which could
presumably be deleted now?