commons-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [proxy] suppression of equals/hashCode
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2010 16:28:15 GMT
On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@gmail.com> wrote:

> I had just had that thought this morning:  that in particular, only a delegating type
proxy, an Interceptor proxy in [proxy] speak, would be subject to the condition James outline
where an interceptor proxy and its target should *not* be considered equal.  Thanks for weighing
in here, Joerg...

Also consider the delegating (again, proxy speak) proxy situation
where the target comes from a pool.  If we let the "target" respond to
equals/hashCode, then a proxy instance may not even be equal to
itself!