commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Digester 2.1 based on RC1
Date Sat, 11 Sep 2010 15:20:15 GMT
On 11 September 2010 11:43, Simone Tripodi <simone.tripodi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all guys,
> on behalf of the Digester committers I'd like to invite you to vote
> the 2.1 release of the commons-digester.
>
> Tag:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/digester/tags/DIGESTER_2_1_RC1/
>
> Release notes:
>
> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/digester/2.1/RC1/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>
> Site:
>
> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/digester/2.1/RC1/site/index.html

Fixed a minor typo - missing "(" - not a blocker.

> Binaries:
>
> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/digester/2.1/RC1/staged/commons-digester/commons-digester/2.1-RC1/

SIgniing key is listed in public databases, but does not appear to be in:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/trunks-proper/KEYS

This needs to be updated as per the instructions contained in it.

The <scm> entries in pom.xml refer to /tags/DIGESTER_2_1_RC1.
However, if the vote succeeds, the tag should be renamed to remove the
_RC1 suffix - and the scm entries will then be invalid.

There are similar problems with the Specification-Version: and
Implementation-Version: in the MANIFEST files.

Also, the directory names include RC1.

Given that the RC version is defined here:

<commons.rc.version>RC1</commons.rc.version>

perhaps

<version>2.1-RC1</version>

should be

<version>2.1</version>

Not sure if this works with the Maven release plugin.

The .asc.md5 and .asc.sha1 files ought to be deleted before files are
released to Maven Central. Just delete them from the staging area.

Sorry, but IMO this warrants -1 because of the RCn version problems.