commons-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [infra] Digester 2.1 release blocked Was [Digester] Auth fail when copying artifacts from staging
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2010 08:14:49 GMT
2010/9/24 Simone Tripodi <simone.tripodi@gmail.com>:
>> Hi all guys,
>> following the wiki guide[1] for releases, when performing "E.2 Copy
>> Artifacts from Staging" the build fails just after prompting my
>> password (yes, I checked it twice); can someone help me please?
>> Many thanks in advance, have a nice day!
>> Simo

However I can help here :-)
Take a look at the commons-parent version 17:
view-source:https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/releases/content/org/apache/commons/commons-parent/17/commons-parent-17.pom
I notice that there are distributionManagement elements under "rc" and
"ci" profiles. Did you use one of those? If yes, don't please.
This way (since commons-parent:17 depends on org.apache:apache:7) it
is already connected to Nexus. What you need to do is adding a piece
of XML in settings.xml:

[snip]
		<server>
		  <id>apache.snapshots.https</id>
		  <username>your_username</username>
		  <password>your_password</password>
		</server>
		<!-- To stage a release of some part of Maven -->
		<server>
		  <id>apache.releases.https</id>
		  <username>your_username</username>
		  <password>your_password</password>