commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [infra] site deploying
Date Sat, 25 Sep 2010 14:44:37 GMT
On 9/25/10 5:41 AM, Antonio Petrelli wrote:
> 2010/9/25 Simone Tripodi<simone.tripodi@gmail.com>:
>> Hi again guys,
>> sorry the Digester 2.1 release is taking too much time but I'm still
>> assembling all the puzzle's pieces :P
>> What I miss now is how the site on
>>
>>     http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/digester/2.1/RC2/site/
>>
>> has to be moved/copied/referenced on
>>
>>     http://commons.apache.org/digester/commons-digester-2.1/
>
> ssh to people.apache.org and copy from:
> /www/people.apache.org/builds/commons/digester/2.1/RC2/site/
> to:
> /www/commons.apache.org/digester/commons-digester-2.1/

No.  In Commons, the deployed site should be versioned 2.2-SNAPSHOT.

It is confusing and IMO unnecessary for us to include the site in
the RC, since it is not actually part of the release, but we have
traditionally done that.

See the post-release steps (5 - 7) here:
http://commons.apache.org/releases/release.html

First, update the POM to 2.2-SNAPSHOT.  Do the other stuff.
Generate the site locally using mvn site and then deploy it using
mvn site:deploy

The latter can be used at any time to deploy the updated web site.

Phil