commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Szynol <pj...@columbia.edu>
Subject Re: [SANSELAN] Non-serializable ArrayLists
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 16:03:59 GMT

Hi, Charles,

My thought was that it would be nice to flatten results in the event an
ArrayList needs to be stored in its entirety for later retrieval (I
needed to serialize the results of getItems() in JpegImageMetadata).  I
extracted the string values and dropped them into a new ArrayList, but I
think it would be nice if the original data structures could persist,
too.  But I don't know if my need was a complete one-off, or if this is
something that other folks could use.  What do you think?

Best,
Paul