commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Digester] RC1 blocked while deploying :(
Date Sat, 11 Sep 2010 01:15:04 GMT
On 9/10/10 6:27 PM, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> Hi all guys,
> the RC1 is driving me crazy... once resolved the gpg issues, following
> the wiki guide[1] Rahul ans Seb suggested, once launched "mvn -Prc
> release:perform" when going to deploy artifacts, the build was
> blocked:
>
> [INFO] [INFO] [deploy:deploy {execution: default-deploy}]
> [INFO]
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Note that too many successive login failures will result in further
> [INFO] logins from your IP address being blocked. If this happens, contact
> [INFO]<infrastructure@apache.org>, mentioning your IP address so that it can
> [INFO] be unblocked.
> [INFO]
> [INFO]
>
> Even if I try to insert my apache password, nothing happens, the
> process seems to be suspended... any idea/hints on it?
> Many thanks in advance,
> Simo
>
> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/commons/CreatingReleases

> http://www.99soft.org/

If you don't mind a slightly lower-tech approach, the process
documented on the web page [1] works.  I just used it for the [pool]
release.  There is a bash script that automates most of the steps in
pool trunk [2], though the steps are pretty simple.  Personally, I
think the lack of control and generally flaky behavior of maven
release automation is not worth the trouble.  I just use
  mvn -Prc -DcreateChecksum=true install
to create the artifacts and then deploy them using scp (which you
end up having to do in the end to /dist even with the release plugin
approach).  The advantages of this approach are 1) it is clear what
is happening at each stage 2) tags don't change 3) what we vote on
is what gets deployed 4) it works reliably.

[1] http://commons.apache.org/releases/index.html
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/pool/trunk/pool-RC.sh