commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject [pool] Changing copyright start date in NOTICE.txt
Date Sun, 05 Sep 2010 04:32:11 GMT
After some entertaining code-archaeology using svn and list
archives, it looks to me like the earliest code in commons pool
really originated in 2001, in a proposed contribution to struts by
Rodney Waldhoff [1].  While there was database connection pooling
code in both struts and turbine prior to that time, the code that
forms the basis for [pool] appears to have been contributed by
Rodney around the time that Commons was being formed.

Assuming I have the history correct (please anyone correct me if I
have it wrong), this means that the "1999" start date for the
copyright in NOTICE.txt for pool should be changed to 2001.  Does
anyone have any objections to this change?

Phil

[1] http://marc.info/?l=struts-dev&m=97967619230491