commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dimitri Pourbaix <pourb...@astro.ulb.ac.be>
Subject Re: [Math] outcome of MATH-405
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 15:58:46 GMT
Luc,

> I would rather have them in a utility class (either MathUtils as
> suggested or in MatrixUtils) than in ArrayRealVector which is not
> devoted to provide utilities. ArrayRealVector can delegate its
> computation to MathUtils/MatrixUtils since it has acces to its own
> internal data and can provide it to the utility.

Fine.  I added 'safeNorm' to MathUtils.  I put the full reference to
Minpack in the header of the method (someone should double check it is
enough).

Should one rewrite the 'distance' method to take advante of this safeNorm?

Regards,
  Dim.
Dimitri Pourbaix                         *
Institut d'Astronomie et d'Astrophysique *      Don't worry, be happy
CP 226, office 2.N4.211, building NO     *         and CARPE DIEM.
Universite Libre de Bruxelles            *
Boulevard du Triomphe                    *      Tel : +32-2-650.35.71
  B-1050 Bruxelles                        *      Fax : +32-2-650.42.26
http://sb9.astro.ulb.ac.be/~pourbaix     * mailto:pourbaix@astro.ulb.ac.be