commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dimitri Pourbaix <pourb...@astro.ulb.ac.be>
Subject [Math] outcome of MATH-405
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 14:00:22 GMT
Hi,

While fixing MATH-405, I noticed that some unit tests were failing with
the corrected version!  Obviously, some results against which those tests
are competing were obtained ... with the bugged code.  The usefulness of
such tests is therefore pretty limited.

It also appears that the Cartesian norm of a vector (in AbstractRealVector,
in AbstractLeastSquares, ...) does not care at all about overflow or
underflow.  I thus translated enorm.f (minpack) into Java.  My initial
intend was to put in AbstractLeastSquares but it might be more useful in
a more general location (MathUitls).  What do you think?

Regards,
  Dim.
Dimitri Pourbaix                         *
Institut d'Astronomie et d'Astrophysique *      Don't worry, be happy
CP 226, office 2.N4.211, building NO     *         and CARPE DIEM.
Universite Libre de Bruxelles            *
Boulevard du Triomphe                    *      Tel : +32-2-650.35.71
  B-1050 Bruxelles                        *      Fax : +32-2-650.42.26
http://sb9.astro.ulb.ac.be/~pourbaix     * mailto:pourbaix@astro.ulb.ac.be