commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Digester] working toward a release
Date Sun, 29 Aug 2010 17:59:27 GMT
On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 5:03 AM, Simone Tripodi
<simone.tripodi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All guys,
> since the Commons PMC awarded me giving me the writing rights, I'd
> like to work on the Digester to publish a new release, since a new
> feature will be contained.
<snip/>

Super!

> For what I can see, there are few build-related minor issues:
>
> - ant build: dropped in Gump, do we want to maintain it or completely remove?
<snap/>

Upto you, can remove IMO.

> - maven build: do we want to maintain the current directory structure
> or move to the default structure?
<snip/>

If you want to improve it, great.

> - documentation: It would be nice, IMHO, porting the current
> documentation from the package.html files to apt format to be included
> in the generated site. Existing xdoc can also ported to the apt ormat.
> WDYT?
<snap/>

+1 to porting to package.html to a "guide" on the website.

I like xdoc, I don't like apt much. However, its unlikely that I will
be writing much [digester] documentation hereafter. Perhaps its best
that you write the new docs in the format of your choosing and leave
any of the old stuff as-is.

> - code: a review wouldn't be bad :P

<snip/>

Generally looked OK. You can help yourself to Checkstyle, Clirr, CPD,
FindBugs, PMD, RAT and friends (in fact, it'd be great to do that
before the release anyway).

-Rahul