commons-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r983219 - /commons/proper/lang/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/lang3/StringUtilsTest.java
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2010 20:34:39 GMT
On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 1:39 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> StringUtils.length() is now deprecated, and is replaced by
> CharSequenceUtils.length(), but surely the deprecated methods should
> still be tested?
> The deprecation warnings can be suppressed.
>
> When the deprecated method is deleted, the tests can be dropped entirely.
>
> If the corresponding CharSequenceUtils.length() tests don't exist,
> then they should be added.

Yes, you're right.  I didn't realize the name of the methods and what
they're testing.  I was in clean-up mode trying to remove all the
little yellow lines from the right side of my code editor.  I'll try
to revert at least these.  I don't agree that I'm changing the tests
in the varargs cases, though.