commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Compress based on RC1
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:31:23 GMT
On 10 August 2010 05:59, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Commons Compress 1.1 is available for testing :-) Please have a look
> at it and vote.
>
> Note: this release has been made with Nexus and the new process described here:
> http://wiki.apache.org/commons/UsingNexus
>
> Tag:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/compress/tags/commons-compress-1.1/

RELEASE-NOTES.txt contains:

Apache Commons Compress 1.1-SNAPSHOT RELEASE NOTES

which is wrong.

Ideally the tag should contain an RC1 suffix, but I don't know if
Maven makes that possible.
It's simple enough to do manually. (I'll update the Wiki)

> Site:
>
> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/compress/1.1/RC1/
>
> Binaries:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-072/org/apache/commons/commons-compress/1.1/

The directory contains both the Maven (jar) artifacts and the
non-Maven artifacts (bin-zip, src-zip etc).

Unless I have missed a recent change to Nexus, if the staged items are
promoted/released they will all end up in Maven.

Normally the non-Maven archives are uploaded to a separate directory
on people, which is later moved to dist/commons/compress/...

This can be fixed by moving the non-Maven files before promotion
(assuming the vote passes).

The archives don't contain the files README.txt or RELEASE-NOTES.txt
(assembly descriptors are probably wrong).

> [ ] +1 release it
> [ ] +0 go ahead I don't care
> [X] -1 no, do not release it because

version error in release-notes