commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [nexus] Releasing with nexus (was: Fwd: [VOTE] Release Commons Compress based on RC2)
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 12:57:30 GMT
On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 2:27 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> The mirror system derived from /dist should be used for the non-Maven downloads

Noone ever proposed using something different. We expose the /dist
directory (aka the mirrors) on our download pages, in our
announcements, and so on, just like we did before.

Admitted, the technical possibility to download from the Maven mirrors
exists. But that's not different from the technical possibility to use
www.apache.org directly and circumventing the mirrors.

Jochen

--
I Am What I Am And That's All What I Yam (Popeye)