commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [nexus] Releasing with nexus (was: Fwd: [VOTE] Release Commons Compress based on RC2)
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:52:07 GMT
On 17 August 2010 11:43, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Christian Grobmeier
>> <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Interesting... were is this content from? Has this been grabbed by
>>> nexus automatically?
>>
>> That's what we had been discussing initially. The projects I am aware
>> of are building the source and binary distributions as part of the
>> Maven build. In particular, they are also deploying them as a part of
>> the Maven deployment.

I'm surprised that the non-Maven archives end up in Nexus.
Is there some pom magic that somehow attaches them to the deploy target?

> Which means:
> 1) I will copy it to apache dist from my local box to people

Or from Nexus, which is what was voted on.

> 2) push the release button on nexus

Unless you delete the -bin* and -src* files from Nexus first, then I
think they will end up in the Maven repo, where they will just take up
extra space (AIUI they serve no purpose for Maven). They will at least
double the size of the directory (unlike the spurious .asc.md5 files
which are very small).