commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [nexus] Releasing with nexus (was: Fwd: [VOTE] Release Commons Compress based on RC2)
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 11:10:17 GMT
On 17 August 2010 12:03, Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 1:00 PM, Christian Grobmeier
> <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> My preference is currently not to remove the unnecessary files and let
>> stay complete
>
> I wouldn't even bet that's possible. In particular, I never tried.

Yes, you can remove files from Nexus before the directory is released/promoted.

BTW, I note that fileupload [1] does not contain the bin and src
archives, whereas compress 1.0 [2] does.

[1] http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-fileupload/commons-fileupload/1.2.2/
[2] http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/commons/commons-compress/1.0/

Compress 1.0 used the old (pre-Nexus) method.
How come fileupload does not have the unwanted files?

It seems wrong to me to add files to the Maven repo that do not belong
there, especially when they double the space used.