commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [nexus] Releasing with nexus (was: Fwd: [VOTE] Release Commons Compress based on RC2)
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 11:15:26 GMT
On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 12:19 PM, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:

>> You're free to do so. My personal procedure is to use "wget -np -r
>> <disturl>" to copy the files from the repository to the dist folder on
>> people.apache.org. Some shifting and removing of empty directories
>> required afterwards, but it's relatively simple.
>>

> We should release the bits that we voted on and what goes to /dist
> *is* the release.  Therefore if we are going to vote on bits staged
> somewhere other than people.apache.org, we need to do something like
> what sebb describes above.  If wget is used, RMs should re-verify
> hashes on p.a.o before placing the files into /dist.  How do the
> other ASF projects using nexus handle this?

I can see no contradiction, Phil. When asking for a vote, I usually
point to repository.apache.org as the place from where to download the
proposed binary and source distributions. As they are deployed by
Maven, hash files and signatures (.asc-files) are automatically
included.

Likewise (note that I proposed "wget -np -r", they are being
downloaded from repository.apache.org and simply being moved to the
dist directory. Again, hash files and signatures are conserved.

Jochen

--
I Am What I Am And That's All What I Yam (Popeye)