commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [compress] release 1.1?
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 03:24:01 GMT
On 2010-08-02, Torsten Curdt wrote:

>> class PosixAttributes {
>>    /* nine constants */
>>    static final int OWNER_CAN_READ = ...

>>    /* set of the constants that apply */
>>    Set getPermissions();

>>    /* could be mixed with permissions if we wanted to */
>>    Boolean isSetUserId();
>>    Boolean isSetGroupId();
>>    Boolean hasStickyBit();

>>    /* TAR, AR and CPIO know these as well */
>>    Boolean isSymbolicLink();
>>    Boolean isRegularFile();

> Hm ...lots of stuff in there.

That's why you need more than a C short to cover everything 8-)

> But looks reasonable.  Should be all "boolean"s instead of some
> "Boolean"s thought, right?

Boolean was intentional since ZIP doesn't have any idea whether an entry
is a regular file.  OTOH it could simply say "false" in that case as
well since the format simply doesn't support anything but directories
and regular files.  So yes, boolean likely makes more sense.

Stefan