commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [nexus] Releasing with nexus (was: Fwd: [VOTE] Release Commons Compress based on RC2)
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 10:19:14 GMT
Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Christian Grobmeier
> <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Which means:
>> 1) I will copy it to apache dist from my local box to people
>> 2) push the release button on nexus
>
> You're free to do so. My personal procedure is to use "wget -np -r
> <disturl>" to copy the files from the repository to the dist folder on
> people.apache.org. Some shifting and removing of empty directories
> required afterwards, but it's relatively simple.

We should release the bits that we voted on and what goes to /dist
*is* the release.  Therefore if we are going to vote on bits staged
somewhere other than people.apache.org, we need to do something like
what sebb describes above.  If wget is used, RMs should re-verify
hashes on p.a.o before placing the files into /dist.  How do the
other ASF projects using nexus handle this?

Phil