commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [compress] Snapshot for 1.1 using Nexus
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2010 15:57:48 GMT
On 2010-08-09 17:30, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
> Just looked at the site plugin. There is a chance we could use mvn
> site:stage for this task:
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/usage.html
>
> One can stage with:
> mvn site:stage-deploy -DstagingDirectory=C:\fullsite
> -DstagingSiteURL=scp://www.mycompany.com/www/project/
>
> or with:
>
> <site>
>       <id>stagingSite </id>
>       <name>Apache Staging Website</name>
>       <url>scp://path_to_staging_area/compress/</url>
> </site>
>
> If no objections, I will try to use the commandline version of
> site:stage-deploy tomorrow. If that works we could add such a section
> in the project poms

This is what we currently do over in Maven land to stage the site for a
release. We use a specially crafted stagingSiteURL that is specified in
a parent, which causes the staged site to end up on the normal web
server, but in a versioned directory.

For your use case I'd just put the staged site in your home dir on
people.a.o

> Regards,
> Christian
>> But I still need to stage the site. I understand now that
>> release:perform should do it in the old way. Any ideas how we do it
>> now? I could build it with mvn site and upload it to my apache
>> webspace at people... but...
>>
>> Regards,
>> Christian

Dennis Lundberg