commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Beard <jbea...@cs.mcgill.ca>
Subject Re: [scxml-eclipse] User Feedback
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2010 13:05:44 GMT
I just had the opportunity to install scxml-eclipse and try it out, and
I wanted to say that I agree with Chris's comments. 1 and 3, especially,
are in my opinion showstoppers bugs that prevent the tool from being
generally useful. I hope these can be resolved, because overall,
everything else seems quite usable, and I'm eager to begin using it in
development.

Also, before filing a bug report, I just wanted to check: does
scxml-eclipse support creation of transitions without targets?

Let me know. Thanks,

Jake

On 10-07-29 04:28 PM, Christopher Dragert wrote:
> I've gone through some of the basic functionality of the plug-in and generally found
it to be good.  I have several points of feedback:

> 1) A small feature request:  Can you display the event name on the diagam like you do
for a condition?

> 2) Transition properties list a "Target" field, which is blank, and a "Target Status"
field that is populated with State [statename].  Target and Target Status do not make sense,
and usage of the Target field causes an error.

> 3) There seems to be no way to have executable content on a transition.  Is this under
development?

> 4)  Seems to crash frequently and give out of memory errors, even while using -Xmx1024m.
 I have to save and restart every minute or two.