commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [math] splitting LocalizedFormats enum (was Re: svn commit: r981404 [1/3])
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 09:06:16 GMT
> > Author: luc
> > Date: Mon Aug  2 08:10:39 2010
> > New Revision: 981404

> > Log:
> > Moved the localization framework used for exceptions in the exceptions package.
> > Its former place (in the utils package) was misleading as utils is rather for
> > numerical utilities, not low level library management
>
> This big patch (sorry for the noise) is simple moving three classes from one package
to another one.

> In order to simplify messages handling, perhaps we should split the LocalizedFormats
enum that contains all messages in seperate enums. Unfortunately, it seems impossible to have
several enums extending an abstract class, so the implementation of the getLocalizedString
method must be duplicated (changinf the resources bundle name, of course), it cannot be shared.

> Gilles, what about using a specific enum for the new runtime exceptions messages ?

Right now, I see no problem with that; but I didn't understand what you
are aiming at (what simplification will be achieved).

Gilles