commons-dev mailing list archives

From luc.maison...@free.fr
Subject [math] splitting LocalizedFormats enum (was Re: svn commit: r981404 [1/3])
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 08:33:37 GMT

----- luc@apache.org a écrit :

> Author: luc
> Date: Mon Aug  2 08:10:39 2010
> New Revision: 981404

> Log:
> Moved the localization framework used for exceptions in the exceptions package.
> Its former place (in the utils package) was misleading as utils is rather for
> numerical utilities, not low level library management

This big patch (sorry for the noise) is simple moving three classes from one package to another
one.

In order to simplify messages handling, perhaps we should split the LocalizedFormats enum
that contains all messages in seperate enums. Unfortunately, it seems impossible to have several
enums extending an abstract class, so the implementation of the getLocalizedString method
must be duplicated (changinf the resources bundle name, of course), it cannot be shared.

Gilles, what about using a specific enum for the new runtime exceptions messages ?

Luc