commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Upgrading commons-lang
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2010 12:14:05 GMT
Hi Mark,

Mark Struberg wrote:

> folks, please keep on voting.
> There are a few projects eager to use beta.3 or however it's gonna be
> named as long it's not a SNAPSHOT :)

Well, this is exactly the point what we want to avoid. The beta release is
there for giving users an impression about the current state and to look for
feedback. I still expect the API to change. However, I'd rather discourage
everyone in using this for production already or publishing final releases
that use this version already. And remember, the artifact will not be
available at central and we might remove it after a certain time again once
3.0 is finally released.

- Jörg