commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [proxy] 2.0 WAS Re: a bit of commons-style code in search of a home
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 18:35:08 GMT

On Jul 20, 2010, at 1:01 PM, James Carman wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Not quite.  I would like to move the RecordedInvocation class to some sort of support
package where it can be reused beyond InvocationRecorder, e.g. in the code I'll be working
on.  Perhaps a rename of the class too, though I'm not sure what makes the most sense.

> Yeah, I think all the recording stuff should be in its own module,
> commons-proxy-recorder perhaps?

The recorder as it stands looks like a mocking tool, yes?  I agree this doesn't really seem
to be core... my initial feeling is that I would be afraid to proliferate arbitrarily numerous
focused modules; however, I think it's quite likely that a fully Maven-savvy worldview would
rather encourage such a project structure, so I won't complain if you would rather go that
way than, e.g., have a single extensions module with numerous offered subpackages and, correspondingly,
potentially multiple sets of optional dependencies.  Did any of that read sensibly?

I'll respond to the rest on a separate thread, lest we get too far OT.

-Matt
[SNIP]