commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Commons Parent POM version 16
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 10:48:15 GMT
On 6 July 2010 11:18, Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:36 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The repo URL can still be overridden on the command-line.
>>
>> Indeed this is what the new "test-deploy" profile does.
>
> What is the "test-deploy" profile? I find this neither in the proposed
> POM on https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-009/org/apache/commons/commons-parent/16/commons-parent-16.pom

Look again:

<profile>
<id>test-deploy</id>
<properties>
<altDeploymentRepository>id::default::file:target/deploy</altDeploymentRepository>
</properties>
</profile>

> nor in the Apache parent POM on
> http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/7/apache-7.pom ?

It's not in the Apache POM.

>> Not sure that's necessary, given that this can be done using
>> -DaltDeploymentRepository.
>>
>> Or does that not support all repo types?
>
> That's admittedly true and probably invalidates my point.
> Nevertheless, it is rarely known. My personal feeling is that using
> properties to overwrite defaults is the better documentation.

In that case, why not create a JIRA enhancement request with the proposal?

Otherwise, we can just update the Parent pom documentation...