commons-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [lang] EventListenerSupport type variable Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Lang 3.0 Beta.1
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2010 18:19:59 GMT
On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 2:13 PM, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can't argue much, because my $work stuff indeed does have a listener interface that
does not extend EventListener...

I originally had mine set up that way and I think the version we have
at work has it set up that way, but I changed it intentionally for
[lang] because I didn't see much added value in it.  Imagine if you're
trying to support listeners that are from a third-party library and
they didn't extend from EventListener.  I'm -1, unless folks can
convince me otherwise.