commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <simone.trip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DIGESTER] back proposing the sandbox features
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 19:09:27 GMT
Hi James,
the commons-digester library is IMHO still an excellent XML->Object
mapper even JAXB is, of course, most popular and more adopted.
Otherwise that project could be deprecated :P

By definition, the Object->XML is not supported, from the
commons-digester homepage[1]: "Basically, the Digester package lets
you configure an XML -> Java object mapping module, which triggers
certain actions called rules whenever a particular pattern of nested
XML elements is recognized. A rich set of predefined rules is
available for your use, or you can also create your own."

I didn't reinvent the wheel, I just tried adding a package to the
existing codebase with new features not previously included in the
original commons-digester. Please have a look at this short
showcase[2] I put on my Apache space to have an idea on what that
package differs from JAXB.

Thanks in advance for any feedback/suggestion/hint, have a nice day,
Simo

[1] http://commons.apache.org/digester/
[2] http://people.apache.org/~simonetripodi/at-digester.html

http://www.99soft.org/