commons-dev mailing list archives

From Xun Long Gui <ustbco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC] Mid-term evaluations next week
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 07:52:36 GMT
Hi Rahul,

By now, everything of GSoC Visual SCXML project is going well with our
initial plan. This project have this function list:
1. Implement Eclipse GMF based SCXML document visual editor tool;
2. Implement Eclipse SCXML document export function;
3. Implement Eclipse SCXML document import function;
4. Integrate with Commons SCXML, implement basic SCXML document test/debug
function;
5. Implement corresponding source code generation function.

We have finish primary development job of function 1,2 and 3, we can use
this tool to help us finish some SCXML document edit job now. But i still
need several days to perfect details of them, I can finish this job before
7.15.

Meanwhile, we have started project website construction job, visiters can
get basic project guide from website content. I will keep on add/update
website content in the coming days.

I plan to finsih function 4 development job between 7.15-8.15, so this
summer, we may have not enough time to finish function 5 in GSoC period, but
i will start function 5 task when i finish function 4 at 8.15.

Now, this tool can provide SCXML document edit/export and import function, i
think it satify many SCXML users' requirement, if possible, i want to make a
alpha release version of this tool and supply download link on our website.
This way, we can get more responses from users, they can help us to improve
this editor.