commons-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [proxy] 2.0 WAS Re: a bit of commons-style code in search of a home
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 14:55:20 GMT
On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@gmail.com> wrote:
> So how do you feel about making [lang] a dependency to use its reflection util classes
for [proxy] 2?

I've never been one to be averse to using dependencies, but there are
folks who would rather copy code rather than add a dependency if it's
just one method here or there.  If you're using something as obscure
as Proxy, though, then you're probably already using some of the other
commons libraries (including lang).  I would be okay with adding the
dependency.  Would it be on 3.0 (which could be out soon) or an
earlier version?