commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC] Mid-term evaluations next week
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 20:00:39 GMT
2010/7/5 Xun Long Gui <ustbcoder@gmail.com>:
> Hi Rahul,
>
> By now, everything of GSoC Visual SCXML project is going well with our
> initial plan. This project have this function list:
> 1. Implement Eclipse GMF based SCXML document visual editor tool;
> 2. Implement Eclipse SCXML document export function;
> 3. Implement Eclipse SCXML document import function;
> 4. Integrate with Commons SCXML, implement basic SCXML document test/debug
> function;
> 5. Implement corresponding source code generation function.
>
> We have finish primary development job of function 1,2 and 3, we can use
> this tool to help us finish some SCXML document edit job now. But i still
> need several days to perfect details of them, I can finish this job before
> 7.15.
>
> Meanwhile, we have started project website construction job, visiters can
> get basic project guide from website content. I will keep on add/update
> website content in the coming days.
>
> I plan to finsih function 4 development job between 7.15-8.15, so this
> summer, we may have not enough time to finish function 5 in GSoC period, but
> i will start function 5 task when i finish function 4 at 8.15.

<snip/>

OK, ofcourse, any effort you put in after the GSoC period should be
purely based on your interest. In other words, there is no GSoC
requirement to do anything beyond the pencils down date -- 8/16 :-)

> Now, this tool can provide SCXML document edit/export and import function, i
> think it satify many SCXML users' requirement, if possible, i want to make a
> alpha release version of this tool and supply download link on our website.
> This way, we can get more responses from users, they can help us to improve
> this editor.

<snap/>

There is a set process to go through for releasing. Releasing requires
promotion out of the Commons Sandbox first, which requires a vote.
After promotion, the code needs to be packaged and approved for
release by another vote. We can discuss this in more detail when we
think the code is ready.

-Rahul