commons-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wooten <mwooten....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [LANG] EventUtils and EventListenerSupport...
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2010 16:30:10 GMT
James,

I really like your implementation of the EventListenerSupport class. I
think there is still a case for the EventSupport interface and the
AbstractEventSupport class, but your EventListenerSupport class
definitely deprecates the ReflectiveEventSupport class from LANG-580.
I have created a new patch for LANG-580 that changes
EventListenerSupport to extend AbstractEventSupport and removes the
duplicated methods and the ReflectiveEventSupport class. The test
cases still pass, and I believe this meets both of our goals of having
a thread-safe event listener framework and a convenient means of
firing events.

-Michael