commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Commons Parent POM version 16
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 10:18:30 GMT
On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:36 AM, sebb <> wrote:

> The repo URL can still be overridden on the command-line.
> Indeed this is what the new "test-deploy" profile does.

What is the "test-deploy" profile? I find this neither in the proposed
POM on
nor in the Apache parent POM on ?

> Not sure that's necessary, given that this can be done using
> -DaltDeploymentRepository.
> Or does that not support all repo types?

That's admittedly true and probably invalidates my point.
Nevertheless, it is rarely known. My personal feeling is that using
properties to overwrite defaults is the better documentation.

Germanys national anthem is the most boring in the world - how telling!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message