commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DIGESTER] back proposing the sandbox features
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 16:59:24 GMT
On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Simone Tripodi
<simone.tripodi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all guys, Digester maintainers,
> time ago[1] I proposed a sandbox[1] to work on a new feature for the
> digester, adding the Java5 Annotation analysis to create Digester
> rules.
> I didn't have the need to modify the original digester code, but
> rather I added a new package where adding the new feature, and without
> adding any new dependency.
> Time has passed, progresses on the design have been done, tests[3] go
> on green bar :)
> I'd really appreciate if anyone can help me on:
>
> * promoting that code on the current /trunk development (I'm already
> an Apache committer/PMC member, but not in commons);
<snip/>

I don't think anything has changed on digester trunk, but please
double check that trunk is merged into the sandbox code and its upto
date. If so, I can take a look at the changes and merge them back into
digester trunk. It'll probably be atleast a couple of weeks before I
get to it though (feel free to ping then as a reminder). If someone
else jumps in sooner, all the better.

> * writing the documentation (I'm not a native English speaker).
<snap/>

You could write a guide for the website comprised mostly of code
snippets, as I think you are our best bet for writing up docs for this
ATM.

-Rahul