commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Daemon 1.0.3 based on RC3
Date Sat, 31 Jul 2010 15:10:23 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm back :)

Great!

> Almost six months after 1.0.3.RC2 attempt, but been
> busy with other stuff.
>
> I really can't even remember what was the reason
> why the RC2 failed to get released.
>
> Anyhow RC3 release is available for testing at:
> http://people.apache.org/~mturk/daemon/
> The SVN tag is:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/daemon/tags/COMMONS_DAEMON_1_0_3_RC3
>
> (If voted will be renamed to COMMONS_DAEMON_1_0_3)
>
> So here is the vote:
> [ ] +1
> [ ] =0
> [ ] -1
>

> Vote is open for 72 hours.
>

> Regards

Sigs, hashes are good (though no WOT on the sig)
Checked maven build on JDK 1.6 (should check other targets)
Jar manifests look fine (OSGi expert pls verify bundle info)
RAT looks OK (report in the published site has lots of noise in it
due to mvn site not being executed from a clean checkout.  Some
trivial README, changes, files are missing headers, but this is not
a blocker IMO) as long as we are compliant distributing config.guess
and config.sub under:
# As a special exception to the GNU General Public License, if you
# distribute this file as part of a program that contains a
# configuration script generated by Autoconf, you may include it under
# the same distribution terms that you use for the rest of that program.

+1 from me assuming answer to the last question above is yes.

Phil

Note to RM: the directory structure for the binaries is different
from source (source has no /1.0.3/).  Careful when moving to dist/
(assuming vote passes).