commons-dev mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goes...@it20one.at>
Subject Re: [all] ApacheCon North America 2010
Date Sun, 18 Jul 2010 10:49:16 GMT
Hi Ralph and Phil,

+) I would highly appreciate VFS and Configuration ... :-)

+) having at least three committers to present altogether six commons
components looks reasonable.

I will provide the abstracts on Tuesday night (CET) ...

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

On 18.07.10 00:13, Ralph Goers wrote:
> If you want another talk I could put something together to talk about VFS and Configuration
and how we are using it for multi-tenant configuration.

> Ralph
>
> On Jul 17, 2010, at 11:37 AM, Phil Steitz wrote:
>
>> Phil Steitz wrote:

>>> Thanks, all for the feedback.  As of now, Siegfried and I have
>>> volunteered to speak.  Any other volunteers?  Any other suggestions
>>> for content?  So far, here is what we have.  +/- Feedback would be
>>> great on the items below, as would additional volunteers to speak or
>>> other ideas for talks.
>>
>> I need to provide abstracts for the Apachecon web pages in the next
>> couple of days.  Looks like it's me and Siegfried doing the talking.
>> Given that and the feedback so far, I propose that we split the 3
>> 50 min slots as follows:
>>
>> 1) Commons overview (combination of how-it-works, what it is, what's
>> happening, with brainstorming at end)
>> 2) Component drilldowns:
>> [email], [exec], [math], [dbcp/pool]
>>
>> The "component drilldown" sections would be 20 mins each, run as
>> separate mini-sessions.
>>
>> If we could get someone to volunteer to present [scxml] as a mini,
>> we could work it in as well.
>>
>> Any thoughts on this? Any other components we should be highlighting?
>>
>> Phil
>>>
>>> email*
>>> exec*
>>> math*