commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [proxy] Changing the API to an interface (AGAIN)...
Date Sat, 17 Jul 2010 04:00:48 GMT

On Jul 16, 2010, at 5:40 PM, Jörg Schaible wrote:

> James Carman wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 5:09 PM, Matt Benson
>> <gudnabrsam@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> But you can agree that making the first class a separate argument
>>> preserves the usability of varargs while accomplishing the typed
>>> result
>>> in a single method?
>>>

>> Most definitely!  I like that idea.  I would think that would be the
>> best way to kill two birds with one stone.
>
> This move worked out for proxytoys quite well ... ;-)

Not sure why one of our own never mentioned the existence of
ProxyToys, but go figure.  ;)  I hate to exhibit NIH, but since I
jumped into [proxy] partly to find a home for my fluent stubbed proxy
code, I guess I'll persevere here.

That said, James:  what do you think about the fact that in ProxyToys
*everything* is about Invokers, and everything else is expressed in
those terms.  So where [proxy] has an Interceptor, ProxyToys has a
Decorating Invoker, and where [proxy] delegates to an ObjectProvider,
ProxyToys uses a DelegatingInvoker.  I can see how this makes for a
simpler interface.

-Matt