commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Rossi <b...@rossi.com>
Subject Re: [math] elementary functions.
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2010 21:07:38 GMT

Luc,

I'm OK with providing an ICLA or SGA or both.  A bit of history on the
project to help you decide what is appropriate:

While working for my employer some last year we noticed some of these
functions were slow.  I quickly wrote a couple of faster replacements.

Seperately I decided to take the idea and see how far I could push it.  On
my own time I developed an new implementaion that had all the
characteristics I described earlier.

Although it seemed unlikely that my employer would try claim ownership of
software that I didn't write for them, I have asked for and  obtained a
written declaration from them saying they have no claim on it.

It was an interesting project and I'm just tring to solve this problem so
others won't have to deal with it again.   I'm happy to help maintain it,
but I do have a limited amount of time available for that.

As for the size of the project, the software itself is 2690 lines.  The
test cases and tools used to create the software add an additional 2430
lines.  The project was started in Oct 2009, so not quite a year yet.

I also previously tried to interest the people at the jQuantLib project
(http://www.jquantlib.org), but they don't seem very interested.

Bill