commons-dev mailing list archives

From Xun Long Gui <ustbco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Development plan about SCXML Visual editor
Date Sat, 08 May 2010 03:38:48 GMT
Hi Rahul,

I have submit a package under JIRA issue SCXML-127, it includes the
EMF data model file and a read me file,you can find it here [1]. Once
you finish GSoC sandbox SVN prepared job, we can share it to the SVN.
Afterwards, i will submit all the patchs in JIRA system, and i will
check with you whether we can close a issue.

Also, i have added step 3 and step 4 sub-tasks for JIRA issue
SCXML-116 as you told me.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ManageAttachments.jspa?id=12463944

Best Regards

Long

> [...]
>> treat these codes as this project's start code.
>>
> <snap/>
>
> OK. For generated code, it may be OK if it doesn't strictly match
> coding conventions. Lets discuss once we have the generated code
> before you spend any time editing the generated code.
>
> Hand-written code, obviously, should follow the guidelines.
>

>> At the same time, i have created a sub-tasks list for the original issue
>> we
>> have,
>> SCXML-116 in Apache JIRA system.
> <snip/>
>
> Please also add two more sub-tasks as stretch goals, the steps 3 and 4
> you mention here:
>
>   http://markmail.org/message/uemrixakqseloxaa
>
> Its understood that these may not be completed in GSoC time and are
> aggressive goals, so we can mention that when the task is created in
> JIRA, but I think its good to capture them in the list of tasks. We
> can always re-evaluate as time progresses to include less or more as
> the case may be.
>

>> Once i finish a sub-task in my plan, i will
>> submit my codes as a patch in to project SVN.
>>
> <snap/>
>
> Yup, please attach those patches in time to the corresponding JIRA
> issues as well. Thanks,
>
> -Rahul
>

>> 在 2010年5月6日 下午11:46,Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akolkar@gmail.com>写道:

>>> <snip/>
>>>
>>> Yes, both points above are correct.

>>> <snap/>
>>>
>>> I can access that URL. For example of sub-tasks, see:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ATTIC-1
>>>
>>> Also, let me paste the important portion of that message here:
>>>
>>> <paste src="http://markmail.org/message/hunh4xaoag3wiimu">

>>> <snip/>
>>>
>>> +1

>>> <snap/>
>>>
>>> One option is to create sub-tasks for the original issue you have,
>>> SCXML-115 [1] (see LHS menu).
>>>
>>> This will create separate issues in JIRA for each task, so they can be
>>> managed independently, but it will also neatly roll everything up
>>> under the above umbrella issue. For an example of this (from another
>>> project), see ATTIC-1 [2].
>>>
>>> What do you think about using this approach?
>>>
>>> -Rahul
>>>
>>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SCXML-115
>>> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ATTIC-1
>>>
>>> </paste>

>>> <snip/>
>>>
>>> OK, I'd suggest not worrying about completeness to begin with.
>>> Ideally, we want to get your initial code in SVN sooner rather than
>>> later and then continue making smaller, incremental and regular
>>> patches rather than large patches with more time in between (these
>>> tend to be harder to follow, and harder to make changes to).

>>> <snap/>
>>>
>>> Great, and again, its OK to have large parts left in TODOs in code and
>>> thus getting started in the Commons Sandbox SVN sooner.

SCXML

the

I want

>> --