commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Beard <>
Subject Re: [SCXML] creating GSoC tasks in JIRA
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 19:42:06 GMT
Hi Rahul,

I've created a number of sub-tasks under the original JIRA issue. One
thing that I thought was possible, which I am now not sure about, is
whether it is possible to create arbitrarily nested sub-tasks. It
seemed I was unable to do so, but this may have been because the task
was not assigned to me, or because I was not "working" on the task.
Rather than create sub-sub-tasks, I instead simply broke the task down
by providing a list in the task description. But, in order to track
where I spend my time, I think it would be better to use
sub-sub-tasks, if this is possible. What do you think about this?

Also, would it be possible for you to assign the tasks to me please?
It seems I do not have permissions to assign them to myself.

Finally, I'd like to add an RSS feed to my blog which tracks the work
I do on this. Do you know, is it possible to obtain an RSS feed from
JIRA that tracks updates on a particular task?