commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [vfs] commons-vfs-grid and next release of vfs?
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 05:11:14 GMT
Are those patches still valid for 2.0? Quite a bit has been changed.

Ralph

On May 10, 2010, at 9:03 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:

> Hi Ralph,
>
> I use mostly vfs 1.0 in several projects (ServiceMix in the servicemix-vfs component,
ACE/AutoDeploy, etc).
> I would like to contribute to VFS. I have some patches already available (around default
FilesystemManager behavior and on the maven build).

> Regards
> JB

the build and integrating webdav support using Jackrabbit.  There are still a large number
of Jira issues that I simply don't have the time to look at . I've applied patches where they
were provided and I could verify that they would work.  As far as I can tell, 2.0 is pretty
stable.  I've attempted to start a release a couple of times but managed to forget my password
for my code signing key, which makes it difficult to actually do a release.  I guess I'll
have to generate a new key.

> As for accepting new code, we are pretty open to contributions as long as they can use
the Apache license and they are contributed under a CLA or software grant (see http://www.apache.org/licenses/).
It would be best if they code actually came with people who would continue to work on it and
help maintain it, as well as help with the existing code base.

> Ralph
>

> On May 10, 2010, at 3:30 PM, Pauline Mak wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We've been developing a set of providers for "grid" enabled protocols for a few years
now (with help from many people in Australia and in the UK).  What is the process for integrating
these providers into VFS (if you'll accept it!)  For those interesting it's here:

>> http://projects.arcs.org.au/trac/commons-vfs-grid/
>>
>> To my second question: I've noticed there's been some updates on the VFS subversion.
 Is there likely going to be another release soon?  We have a data transfer project right
now requiring the use VFS.  The version we're using was the trunk check out from early 2009.
It would be good to get an updated and stable release to work with.