commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scxml-eclipse] Notes on properties, headers and generated code
Date Wed, 19 May 2010 14:24:14 GMT
On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 10:08 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19/05/2010, Xun Long Gui <ustbcoder@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>  They are all GMF standard file format, they are very important for
>>  this project. As you say, they are xml file indeed, but we can not
>>  change their extensions to .xml
>
> OK, then please add the extensions to your SVN configuration (so
> future files will have the property added automatically), and add the
> eol-style SVN property to the current files - thanks!

<snip/>

+1

For example, at the command line, in the appropriate directory of your
working copy:

  svn propset svn:eol-style "native" scxml.ecore

Similarly for the rest of the files identified below. This will reduce
noise in the diffs when these files are updated.

Also, please add to the README (or another suitable file in the
sdocbook directory), a small introduction assuming the reader is
completely new to EMF and GMF-based editors. This could be as simple
as URLs to the Eclipse EMF, GMF project sites and relevant tutorials.
Reading it and the resources pointed to by the URLs, it should be
possible to understand these files and the code, understand which
parts are authored, which are generated and how etc. Again, this can
be quite brief (by virtue of pointing to other URLs). Thanks!

-Rahul